Thesis Statement: Major Factors and Steps to Write one Perfectly
A thesis is an essential project for academics. You need to learn the correct ways to write a thesis statement to get through with such projects. The statement helps the readers to understand what the essay or the research paper is all about. You need to be very particular while writing this statement. It is not a lengthy section, and you need to put in the essential words or terms to help the readers understand the main viewpoints of the essay or research paper. It is necessary to understand what is a thesis statement to write one. Also, it is equally important to learn the factors that affect this statement. The following section will help you learn about the factors that play a significant role in writing such statements.
Know these Factors to Understand How to Write a Good Thesis
Every assignment and project holds equal importance for an academic. So, when you need to write a thesis statement, you must understand the type of paper. You will know about the different types of essays and how each needs to be approached. Similarly, while writing this statement, you need to justify the kind of essay for which the statement is required. Look into the differences in the statements as per the type of essay.
1. Expository: The expository essay requires a student to look into an idea, support the views with proper pieces of evidence, and put forward an argument based on that idea. So, when you write a statement for this type of essay, you need to point out the critical elements of the topic that you will discuss in the article or research paper. The following expository thesis statement example will give you a clear idea.
“Factors that increase childhood anxiety include peer pressure, genetics, and higher intelligence level.”
The statement is clear enough for the readers to understand the points of discussion.
2. Analytical: As the name suggests, analytical essays require a lot of analysis into a particular topic. You need to research well and find out the necessary data to support your views. Your views and suggestions must convince the readers. An example of such a statement is:
“An analysis of traditional fossil fuel energy indicates that solar and hydroelectric power is the best.”
The readers will be able to understand the points of discussion through the thesis statement clearly.
3. Argumentative: You need to have a thorough understanding of the project and the topic if you are asked to write an argumentative essay. Students must take a stand, either against or for the motion, and provide necessary information to support the views. It isn't easy to understand what your instructor is expecting. You need to be very good with research and convince the readers with your arguments. An example will help you know how to write an argumentative thesis statement:
“The result of the Brexit referendum was driven by Briton’s worries with existing EU immigration policies, caused by the quickly growing immigrant population and the insufficient integration of immigrants into British society.”
Once you understand these differences, it will be easy for you to write the statements and understand the correct approach. Each paper is different; you need to identify the type before formulating the statement. The following section will help you to learn how to write a good thesis statement.
How to Write a Thesis Statement? 4 Essential Steps
Learning the correct ways to write the thesis statement is essential. You will be unable to impress the instructor if the statement is not up to the mark. Looking into some examples of thesis statements will give you an idea. But, you must follow the correct steps to write it correctly. The following are the four essential steps that will help you learn how to write a good thesis.
1. Start with a research question: A very common way to write an effective thesis statement is by determining the research question. The question will help you do more detailed research and write a well-crafted paper. If you go through a sample thesis statement and look into the associated research question, you will understand the relation.
2. The statement must directly address the research question: As mentioned earlier, the statement and the research question must have a link. The whole project will be considered null and void if there is no link between these two elements. You need to understand this while constructing the statement. So, once you identify the research question, make sure that the statement directly addresses the question.
3. Support with good reasons and data: You need to make sure that the statement is relevant and most appropriate for the project. The readers must understand the relevance of the statement. It is difficult to convince a reader by writing a short sentence or statement. But you need to learn the art and ask your teachers when you have any problems. Research is an integral part of any project. It will also help you understand how to write a good thesis.
4. Predict counterarguments: If you are working on an argumentative project, it is necessary to predict the counterarguments. Some readers can question your thesis statement and ask for explanations. You need to be ready with it. It is, therefore, advised to write the statement keeping in mind the counter questions that might. It will help you be more precise with the statement and cover all the points.
Mentioned above are the four essential steps to writing such statements correctly. You need to keep all the aspects in mind while constructing it. The point of understanding the type of paper is equally important, and you must be very careful with it. In case of any confusion, ask your teacher, or seek some expert guidance.
Don’t wait for the right time. Call us right away and get the best help
Assignmenthelp.us is one of the pioneers in this industry. We have a huge customer base in all parts of the USA. We have successfully helped students overcome the hurdles of assignments and helped them get the best grades. Our assignment experts are well equipped and have the relevant qualification to help you with subjects like:
- Computer science
- MBA and Marketing
- Statistics and many more
You will get the correct help from us. We have experience in handling projects from scratch and will be happy to help you with the right solution. So, if you are stuck with constructing the correct thesis statement, don’t get worried. Call us, and get a well-written statement as per the topic.
You Might Also Like
LEAVE A REPLY
Thank you for Subscribe to us.
You will receive a confirmation email shortly in your subscribe email address.
You have already subscribed our newsletter.