Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
Humour is indeed a fabulous way of grabbing people’s attention. Laughter is the best medicine, and it has a lasting effect on people. Funny persuasive speeches are a good way to make people laugh. However, before you master the art of writing a paper on a funny persuasive speech topics, it is essential to understand its definition.
Funny speech topics and Persuasive speeches are addressed with the goal to convince the audience and make them accept the speaker’s point of view. Speakers choose topics of significance and pair it up with humour to present the audience with the right dose of knowledge and fun.
Funny persuasive speeches add more colour to the topic and have an unparalleled impact on the psyche of the audience. Funny persuasive speech topics for college students are not very difficult to prepare once you select the topic. However, the topic selection has to be unique, so that you can grab people’s attention right away. Read on to know how to finalise best funny persuasive speech topics and win the heart of your audience.
Things to keep in mind before selecting a funny persuasive speech topic
When you need to select funny speech topics, you should keep certain things in mind. If your topic is interesting enough, then preparing persuasive speech topics will no longer be a hassle for you. Some of the ways to finalise a good persuasive speech topic that can ease the process of writing are discussed below.
- Choose a dynamic topic: While finalising the topic, you need to make sure that your topic is dynamic. When you select a dynamic topic to persuade your audience, you can not only impress your audience right away but also motivate them. Therefore, while selecting the topic, make sure that you can explore it and make it interesting.
- Consider the ethos of the topic: Ethos refers to the credibility of the topic. When you choose a funny persuasive topic, you need to make sure that the topic is credible enough. When you deliver information and persuasive speech ideas, the audience must believe in your words. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to persuade them.
- Understand the pathos: To deliver a speech on a funny persuasive topic, you have to understand the pathos of the topic. Pathos refers to the emotional component of the topic. It is indeed an important element for delivering the speech. When you include the emotional appeal in the concluding part of your speech, you can persuade the audience easily.
For example, here is an excerpt from Andrew Solomon’s speech on “How the worst moments in our lives make us who we are.”
“In my own adolescence, I went to extreme lengths to try to be straight. I enrolled myself in something called ‘sexual surrogacy therapy.” The speaker said that he was encouraged to call for doctors who prescribed exercises with women. He was told to call the surrogates, who were not exactly prostitutes but who were also not exactly anything else.
The example portrays how Andrew Solomon has maintained the ‘Pathos’ or the emotional component in this speech.
- Focus on the logos: While delivering topics for a persuasive speech, you should present facts that are well-researched. When you finalise the topic, you need to gather all the data how to make a speech funny that will lend relevance to your words. Appropriate reasoning will result in substantial influence over the listeners.
Once you finalise the topic, you need to find out various ways to make the hilarious speech topics humorous. Now, let us know how to prepare a speech and make it interesting enough to please the ears of your audience.
5+ ways to add humour to your speech
When you listen to something or read something funny, have you ever wondered what is it that makes you laugh? In case you need help with the task of making your speech a humorous one, keep reading:
- Identify what makes you laugh: This is the most important thing when you plan to deliver a funny persuasive speech. Find out what makes you laugh and how you can relate to it. If you like word punning, you can add the same to your speech. You can also consider observational humour, slapstick or double entendres to make your write-up more relatable and funny to the audience.
- Learn everything about basic humour: When your topic is funny and interesting, you need to find the basic humour in it. When you prepare the speech, make sure that you do not miss the basic humour of the topic. Your topic needs to have basic humour before you add your own humour to make it more appealing.
- Rope in effective techniques: When your topic is smart and interesting, the speech that you deliver will give an ache in the belly of your audience. However, there are specific techniques that you need to consider when you prepare for the speech. Here are some unique ways to make your speech more humorous.
- Make an interesting topic out of an ordinary incident: According to many experts, adding humour to the most ordinary topic can make you a great public speaker. It is not about choosing the best topic. It is about making a simple topic the best one. Hence, try to be ordinary, yet interesting and relatable. Make sure that your audience can understand your point of view when you aim to persuade them.
- Focus on rewriting: Never finalise the first draft of your speech. When you create the write-up and prepare yourself for the speech, you need to brainstorm. When you choose to write best and random speech topics, you might not be able to put in creativity in the first draft. When you consider rewriting the same, you can automatically explore the topic and improve the quality of the speech and make unique speech topics.
- Check before you finalise: Read the final draft of your speech before you finalise it. After you read the speech, assure yourself that you have prepared the best one. Always remember that your speech should impress your listeners. You have to juxtapose facts and humour to tickle your audience the right way.
Now that you know the tricks to select a persuasive topic, let us take a look at the list of funny persuasive speech topics.
30 best funny persuasive speech topics to impress your audience right away
Before you select a topic from the list, you should keep in mind that not every topic is directly funny. The success of the speech depends on your ability on how to be funny in a speech and how to connect with your audience.
Topics for college students:
- How to be an active procrastinator?
- The most embarrassing experience of your life
- The strangest hobby that you have
- How to never impress your teacher?
- How to be an expert liar?
- How to look intelligent in the dumbest way?
- What is the craziest invention you know?
- Why the break up insurance policy should be invented?
- How to blame your horoscope when things go wrong?
- Why getting lost is the best step to take?
- When you get older, one thing you miss the most is - Sleep
- Why are bad decisions necessary in life?
- A woman’s “I will be ready in 5 minutes” is the same as a man’s “I will be home in 5 minutes”.
- You are not weird; you are just a limited edition.
- Before you marry someone, see how they react to slow internet.
Pick one and prepare a brilliant speech for the audience.
Topics for high school students:
- Why should Mondays be banned?
- What was your worst hairstyle?
- Why do men think women are not funny?
- Some people are so fake that they make Barbie jealous
- How autocorrect can ruin your life
- Why some people always bark and never bite
- Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional
- Daddy is the boss until Mommy gets home
- Why does Math feel like mental abuse to students?
- Why should people stop using the word ‘random’ randomly?
- Why is laughter the best medicine?
- Why should girls under 12 not wear makeup?
- How to get more Valentine ’s Day card next year?
- Parents should allow children to draw on the wall
- People should do stupid things more often.
Points to keep in mind while delivering a speech
Even though you choose the best topic and prepare a brilliant speech, your speech will not have the desired impact if your delivery is not unique.
- Manage your time: You need to be prompt while delivering your speech. Right words at the right time can have the best impact on the listeners.
- Work on your delivery: You should be 100% confident when you deliver the speech. You have to make sure that your audience enjoys every bit of your speech.
- Do not get nervous: You should not be nervous while delivering the speech. It is quite normal for orators to forget the next part of their speech. The trick lies in masking your nervousness, so that the audience is unaware of the fact that you are reorganising the outline of your delivery.
These are a few tips that you can implement to deliver a funny and attention grabbing persuasive speech topics. When you follow these tips, your speech will definitely be flawless and tickle your audience in the right places.
Experts of Assignmenthelp.us will assist you with your funny persuasive speech
Are you wondering how to write a funny persuasive speech by selecting the best topic? Do not worry. The experts of Assignmenthelp.us are right at your service. We have a team of 1500+ experts who can provide top-notch quality of academic papers.
We have been serving the students of USA for almost a decade now. Some of the best features of our services are listed below.
- Unmatched quality of assistance
- On time delivery
- Affordable prices
- Plagiarism free write-up
- Regular discounts
Trust our professionals and get the best academic assistance. Once you choose our services, no one can stop you from scoring the best grades.