Quantitative Research Topics
“Research is a systematic inquiry to describe, explain, predict and control the observed phenomenon."
Earl Robert Babbie, American sociologist
As the definition suggests, every research follows a systematic approach. If you have worked on any research project before, you must be familiar with some of those systematic approaches. If you haven’t, here is a brief description of the major ones.
In this blog, we are going to focus on the quantitative research topics examples and approach for conducting research.
What is quantitative research?
The term quantitative research refers to approaches to an empirical inquiry that collect, analyze and display data in numerical rather than narrative form. It uses computational, statistical and mathematical tools to derive results. If you are going to use this approach, you need to know about the methods and unique research topics used to conduct quantitative research.
What are the characteristics of quantitative research?
A quantitative research deals in numbers, logic and an objective stance. The major characteristics of this type of research include the following:
- The data is collected using structured research instruments (e.g., samples, survey, questionnaire, etc.).
- The results are based on larger sample sizes, which are representative of the population.
- Given its high reliability, the research study can be replicated or repeated
- The researcher needs to have a clearly defined research question to which objective answers are sought
- Every aspect of the study is designed with caution before the collection of data.
- Data is generally in the form of numbers and statistics. It is presented in the form of tables, charts, figures, or other non-textual forms.
- The approach to empirical research can be used to generalize a particular concept for a wider audience, predict future results or to investigate causal connections.
The main purpose of quantitative research is to classify features, count them and develop statistical models in the process of explaining an observed phenomenon.
How To Choose Quantitative Research Topics
Keep these following things and examples of quantitative research questions in mind while reporting the results of your quantitative study.
- Always try to explain the collected data and their statistical treatment
- Report all the unanticipated events that took place during data collection
- Choose a minimally sufficient statistical procedure
- Explain the assumptions for each procedure and steps taken to validate them
- Provide descriptive statistics, confidence intervals and sample sizes for each variable when you use inferential statistics
- Try to refrain from inferring causality, especially in non-randomized designs
- Use tables to provide exact values
- Always tell the reader what to find in tables and figures
A quantitative research paper follows the basic outline of a research paper. You need to write an introduction, methodology, results, its discussion, and the conclusion. However, the most challenging part is selecting the topic for the research paper. Our experts have assembled 50+ incredible topics for quantitative research that you can get inspired from.
Types Of Quantitative Research Question
Quantitive research is the observation that is gathered using numerical data. It can be done based on math’s, statistics, computational tools and quantifiable data. There are commonly three main types of quantitative research proposal topics. They are:-
1) Descriptive research question
Descriptive research questions are the one which quantifies a single idea. Most of the relevant question in this area is related to "how", "many" “ what percentage", etc. It should give an accurate description using demographics, numbers and values.
For example:- how many teenagers in Ohio go to the gym?
This can be approached by doing a survey and getting a value in percentage.
2) Comparative research question
The comparative research question is used to compare between two or more ideas. The most common way of approaching comparative questions is by distinguishing data based on a single question for multiple topics.
For example:- what is the difference between IOS and android?
Here you can compare both based on their features.
3) Relationship research question
A relationship research question is used to find the relationship of one or multiple variables. It is mainly associated with trends, associations, interactions, designs and experiments.
For example:- what is the relationship between exams and students?
Here you have to analyze different students to conclude the relationship between the two.
50+ Topic ideas for quantitative research
Here are some quantitative research questions and examples which will let you know how to write a quantitative research question and types of quantitative research. This wiil help you to know what are the best research topics.
- How does giving students access to laptop affect their studies?
- Does attending preschools help students do better in school?
- Discuss the current decline in the US unemployment rate.
- Evaluate passenger safety in the context of US airport security. Support your views with statistics.
- How has depression affected the teen population in the past 5 years?
- Analyze the growth of healthcare cost in the US over the last decade.
- How much exercise should the average adult get to stay healthy?
- Does ecotourism have a positive impact on the internet? Support your argument with statistics.
- Teens who use social media more are more susceptible to anxiety and/or depression. Discuss it with recent statistics.
- Do smartphones influence workplace productivity? Defend your answer with evidence.
- Analyze the changes made in the Australian education system in the last 20 years and reflect on its steady improvement.
- The impact on substance abuse among young adults in the US.
- Evaluate the HIV awareness campaigns and their effectiveness in promoting safe sex.
- The current scenario of cybersecurity and the role of the government.
- Students who are multilingual have better chances of learning. Elucidate your point with statistics.
- The effectiveness of standardized tests on improving education.
- Online sources of information are slowly replacing newspapers.
- The impact of violent video games in causing behavioral changes among teens.
- The impact of the Black Lives Matter movement in solving racism-related issues in the US.
- The increasing number of startups and their success rates – analyze them with computable data.
- Detailed analysis and report of the comparative criminal procedures.
- Progress made till date on the UN-planned SDGs. Use statistics to prove your point.
- The effectiveness of home-schooling in the 21st Provide quantifiable data.
- The statistical changes in the US economy since the last Presidential election in the US.
- The current state of sex education in the US.
- How has US censorship changed over the last two decades?
- Incidents of police brutality have reduced. Support your arguments with statistics.
- The impact of VAT implementation in the UAE.
- How has the refugee problem affected the European economy? Discuss with statistics.
- Discuss the impact of “Me too” movement in the corporate section with quantifiable data.
- The role of modern-day technology in helping education institutes achieving “Education for All”?
- The impact of Brexit on the European economy. Support your argument with statistics.
- Discuss the impact of social media in addressing major social issues (e.g., animal rights) in the last 10 years.
- Has citizen journalism increased because of the rising population of Smartphone users? Validate with data.
- Can cryptocurrency like bitcoin help reduce instances of identity theft? Discuss with quantifiable data.
- How successful have the CSR activities been in attaining sustainable development in the last five years?
- Do the acts of gun violence in American schools have any effect on the number of student enrolments? Discuss with data.
- Does increasing academic pressure have any connection with drug abuse? Discuss with statistics.
- Social media is one of the major reasons behind sleep deprivation. Justify your claim with valid data.
- Do the recent changes in the US immigration policies have any impact on the US economy?
- How has cell-phone radiation affected the bird population in the US? Discuss with quantifiable data.
- Analyze the natural disasters that took place in the US over the last 5 years.
- How will the loss of net neutrality affect individual internet users?
- Is big data analysis a threat to online privacy? Discuss the issue with statistics.
- Why are millennials more interested in doing freelancing? Evaluate the statistics.
- How successful has the UN been in its effort to fight malnutrition?
- Analyze the contribution of farmers in the national GDP.
- Analyze the success of American films with diverse themes in the last 10 years.
- Have the online streaming services changed the pattern of content consumption of the Americans? Discuss with statistics.
- Is internet censorship necessary? Justify your stance with data.
- Analyze the significance of the Gulf War on the petroleum price worldwide.
- The money spent on space exploration can help us solve earth problems. Support your argument with statistics.
All the topics listed above require a fair amount of quantitative analysis to reach a conclusion. You can work on similar topics, or get inspired by these suggestions. Whichever topic you choose, make sure there are enough research materials available on the topic.
Get research paper help from the PhD qualified experts of Assignmenthelp.us
Solving a quantitative research paper may seem challenging if you don’t have experience. If you are having some issue with research paper writing, we can provide quantitative research topics for college students with the necessary support. At Assignmenthelp.us, we have some of the finest experts in our team who will help statistical research topics for college students related to quantitative analysis topics and provide quantitative research topic ideas. Each of these writers is skilled and experienced in solving various scholarly tasks. They can solve your quantitative research paper with perfection.
Assignmenthelp.us is a leading academic solution provider in the US, serving for the past 8 years. For the commitment and support of our experts, our clients have rated our services quite highly (4.8/5). Interestingly, you can get quality support from our experts to fulfill every requirement regarding your research paper. They can also format and cite your paper to perfection as per the instructions and provide unique research topics. Besides, you can enjoy plenty of other features of our services when you place an order with us.
- Unmatched quality of content
- 100% plagiarism-free paper
- Availability of 1500+ experienced PhD qualified experts
- Most affordable services in the market
- Highly responsive customer support
- Guarantee of timely delivery of the order
- Thousands of free samples to check out
- Secure payment facility for hassle-free transactions
So, what are you waiting for? Place an order at Assignmenthelp.us and enjoy seamless support on research paper writing and get good quantitative research topics from professional experts.