Last day of the OFFER FLAT 20% off & $20 sign up bonus Order Now

Last day of the offer FLAT 20% off & $20 sign up bonus


How Many Hours Can I Work While Studying In The USA On An F1 Visa?

Share your Queries Here and Get Fast Solutions!

  • icon 75000+ Completed Assignments
  • icon 1500+ PhD Experts
  • icon 100+ Subjects we cater
  • icon 100% Secure Payment
How Many Hours Can I Work While Studying In The USA On An F1 Visa?
 Rakesh   Published On Apr 01, 2022 | Updated on Dec 28, 2023  Student Guide

Everyone knows that university tuition in the United States is very expensive. Fees and living expenses at some of the best universities in the United States can exceed US$60,000 per year. As a result of this fact, many international students are forced to work part-time in order to fund their learning and living expenses. Of course, working part-time should not be solely motivated by financial necessity. It can be beneficial for any student, as it will aid in the development of a strong résumé and experience in your field of study.

However, you must keep in mind that the US government takes illegal employment very seriously, and violating the rules will result in complications that may jeopardize your student status or even result in deportation. However, this aspect doesn’t deter you from working during your study years, and we will assist you in learning the fundamentals of the work authorization process.

What Opportunities are Available to you if you Have an F1 Student Visa?

If you have been accepted to a US university and have completed all necessary steps, you will be able to study in the United States following the approval of your F1 student visa. Academic students currently in US universities, colleges, high schools, language training programs, and other academic institutions are eligible for the F1 visa category.

There are some restrictions on international students working in the United States. Students with F1 visas are generally permitted to work up to 20 hours per week on their university's campus.

Searching for High-Quality Assignment Help?

Get $20 Signup Bonus

Constantly Communicate with your Designated School Official (DSO)

If you choose to work part-time during your academic years, the first step is to speak with your designated school official (DSO). As long as you have an authorized student visa and are academically qualified, the process should be straightforward. Get connected with your DSO, and he or she will present you with available positions that match your qualifications.

A student can work in one of two types of jobs: on-campus or off-campus. The second option is not typically available to international students studying in the United States, but we will discuss the requirements and restrictions for each.

Must Read: 10 Concrete Tips To Balance A Part-Time Job And School

On-Campus Employment with a Student Visa to the United States

Your student visa in the United States allows you to work up to 20 hours per week on-campus during the school year and full-time during the school break (up to 40 hours per week). On-campus employment is defined as work that occurs on campus or at a school-affiliated off-campus location.

This could include work in a university bookstore, cafeteria, or another facility that allows for student assistance. To be considered for this type of job, you must apply up to 30 days prior to the start of classes. To apply, speak with your DSO. If approved, your DSO will issue you a letter of approval, which you will need to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN).

Need Help with Academic Assignments?
Place your Assignment Order to Get a Custom Answer

Off-Campus Employment with a Student Visa in the United States

Things become more complex if you decide to work off-campus, but there are some training programs that allow F1 students to work. Off-campus employment is the work that occurs off-campus. It is not impossible to obtain, but it is available only to F1 students who have completed at least one academic year of their program of study and who meet the Department of Homeland Security's criteria for emergent circumstances. Two programs have been developed specifically for students interested in gaining experience in their field of study: Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) (CPT). Discuss these with your DSO to determine if you are eligible.

As you can see, there are employment opportunities for international students in the United States, but you must adhere to all rules and always check with your DSO.

Must Read: Intakes to Study in the USA

Work While Studying Now that we are at your Aid!

Working while studying in the US can be troublesome. In that case, you can connect with the best assignment makers. Also, most learners don’t know how to juggle assignments and work while studying in the USA with an F1 visa.

Our assignment experts have tons of professional experience in academic writing that make students rely on us. You will get the right guidance by connecting with us. So, there is no chance to be off track.


Pay to Get Your
Assignments Done on Time

Hire An Expert

You Might Also Like

Comments 0


Not sure yet?

Get in touch with us or

get free price quote.

Get A Free Quote